Newport Pride Market & Festival
June 26 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
The annual Pride Market & Festival is back at Equality Park with unique vendors, great performances, and lively music celebrating LGBTQ+ community in Newport and the Potter League will be there!
The Festival will be open from 11 – 3 PM on Saturday, June 26 (Rain date: Sunday, June 27)
- 11 AM – Festival open to the public with music by DJ Rob Dixon.
- Friends from Springline Coffee will be generously donating complimentary iced coffee.
- 11:45 – Start lining up bikers and cyclists for the Pride Ride through town
- Noon – Pride Bike Ride starts for a 2-mile loop around town.
- While the riders are out on their loop, the festival continues!
12:30 PM – Pride riders will be arriving back full of Pride spirit to enjoy the festival
- 1:00 – Drag Story Time
- 1:30 – Guitar performance from Kim Trusty
- 2:00 – Dance Performances from Katie Moorhead (courtesy of Island Moving Company), Jackie Henderson and the MIST dancers, and drag performers the Trailer Park Girls
- 2:45 – Raffle draw from Ohanga
- 3:00 – Festival close
Admission to the Event
The event is free and open to the public. We encourage folks to RSVP to enter a Raffle by Ohanga local store in Newport.
We will host the event at Equality Park, Newport, RI 02840. The park is on Broadway in Newport. RIPTA buses from Providence drop off right at the park.
**Stay tuned for updates around local, state and CDC guidance on COVID protocols. At this point in time, fully vaccinated adults are able to enjoy this outdoor festival without the required use of a mask.**
Parking is available at any of the public parking spaces located in the area. Just make sure you double-check you are not infringing by parking in a place marked as restricted.