Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer Junior Camp Counselor for the Potter League for Animals’ Camp Happy Tails. Camp counselors work under the supervision of the Potter League for Animals’ Humane Education Coordinator. Duties will include daily set-up and clean-up, assisting campers with craft projects, distributing materials, and assisting with supervision of animal encounters.. Your time as a camp counselor can count towards fulfilling required community service hours needed for school, church, etc.
To apply, please complete the application form below and hit the submit button. You will receive an email confirmation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Volunteer Counselor Qualifications and Information
- Applicants must be at least 14 years old. Applicants under the age of 18 MUST include contact information for a parent/guardian on their application.
- Applicants should have a positive attitude and enjoy working with children and animals. Experience with child care (such as babysitting) and animals (this could include your own pets or volunteering at the Potter League) is a plus.
- For summer camps, applicants must be available for the entire week to which they are assigned. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
- Camp counselors work hard. There may be opportunities to participate in some camp activities, but only after all the campers have been taken care of, all other duties have been completed, and with the permission of the Humane Education Coordinator.
- All applicants must be able to complete a virtual or in-person interview.
- Not all candidates will be selected to participate. If you are not chosen as a counselor, you will be notified in a timely manner.
- Successful applicants must attend a mandatory volunteer training, held prior to the start of camp. You will be contacted in a timely manner to schedule.
Questions or concerns, please contact Rhiannon Lynn Annin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 401-846-8276 ext. 120.